I’ve only recently heard…
Lately I’ve been listening to Spotify a lot, swapping music with friends, and grabbing any CD that takes my fancy and checking them out of the library. The result has been a series of hits and misses, but I’ve enjoyed the ride. I’ve also been looking at a few other blogs that feature music, and I’ve decided to bite off them and make a list of my own. Most of what’s below is mellow, summery fare, perhaps I like it because of the season, or my mood. Here are a few of my recent finds…
(as a DISCLAIMER, I own none of this music or the videos, please see the bands’ websites for more information on how to buy their music)
The Features – Gates of Hell
- This is mellow, but kooky, with some great harmonies.
We’re About 9- I Don’t Know
- Smooth, slow, acoustic, with a slight twang. Great vocals.
The Black Keys- Ten Cent Pistol
- Rockin’ with gravely guitar and bluesy vocals.
The Roots- The Fire
- Upbeat, hip-hoppin’ rap, that just screams Philly summer to me.
Bex Marshall- Love
- Bluesy guitar with a more tuned Janis Joplin-esque voice.
Sara Lov- New York
- Angelic, melodic voice with an added dash of quirky.
Robyn- Dancing On My Own
- Electro-pop from the Swedish singer
Tired Pony- I Am a Landslide
- Slow, graceful, bluesy song from the supergroup
Train- Hey Soul Sister
- Kindof Jack Johnson-y, but fun and summery.
Tom Waits- I Hope That I Don’t Fall in Love With You
- Gravely-voiced with sweet, clever lyrics